In the past few months, I've occasionally gotten bad cramps after I have sex. They feel like menstrual cramps but MUCH more intense, generally lasting 20-30 mins. (I take a 600 mg ibuprofen tablet as soon as I notice the cramps starting, so they could possibly last longer without it.) I have been with the same guy for a year and a half, and I'm 26 years old.
I realize I need to talk to my MD, but I want to make sure I ask the right questions due to my past health issues.
1. I have been on depo (the shot) since 2003, no side effects.
2. I had a LEEP procedure done in 2008 for high-grade cell changes found in a PAP smear. (results have been normal since then)
3. I had cryotherapy done for abnormal cell changes ten years ago (beginning of 2001)
4. I had chlamydia briefly in 2005 (detected and treated with Zithromax within 5 days of getting it)
5. My mother got ovarian cysts when she was on birth control pills in her early 20's.
Can anyone tell me if any of these factors could cause this horrible cramping? It's PAINFUL.
(I read thread on it here: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/cramping-immediately-after-intercourse/show/430023
, but at the end, it says to please post new question if anyone has one)