Prayer

Why, is it that some individual have no respect when one is in prayer with the lord?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Can you give an example of what you mean? I don't understand the question.
Helpful - 0
Well, in the mornings I like to read my Womens Devotional Bible. When am through, this individual I live with see that am in prayer, and he would just totally interupt you. No matter if your own your knees in prayer. He would start talking to you, wanting this and that. And if you don't answer him, he thinks your ignoring him, and makes a cruel commit going out the door.

Helpful - 0
I can't say why other  people do what they do.  Probably some type of self centeredness going on there.  Who knows?  I understand the need for taking care of oneself and how important that can be.  In your situation that is prayer.  I went through similar issues with my wife where she would want attention at certain times for various reasons.  Fortunately these times were routine enough that I could plan around them.  So I did.  I try to make myself available to be with her and still find time to take care of myself.  It doesn't always work out but in general we do ok.  Today she appreciates me for taking time to be with her and is more tolerant of when I can't.  I hope this helps.  Take care.
Helpful - 0
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Spirituality Group

Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.
Can I get HIV from surfaces, like toilet seats?