OPK and EWCM... which comes first?

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now. In the process I found out my thyroid was not working correctly. Since I have been on meds my period has regulated itself and things seem to be on track (at least I hope). Anyway.... I have been using ovulation OPK's and trying to figure out if I am ovulating. This morning I woke up, took a test and it was negative for signs of LH surge. However I had a large amount of EWCM. Does the EWCM come before or after a positive OPK? If EWCM comes before, when does a positive OPK usually show. If EWCM comes after I didn't show a positive OPK, so what would that mean? Any advice or answers are appreciated, thanks!
good question, i would like to know this also!!!
It all depends on your body, some women have EWCM for days before they ovulate and then dry up the moment they do, others only get EWCM for breif periods during their fertile phase. It is best to take OPKs at around 2 o'clock in the afternoon and at the same time every day. Taking OPK's in the morning may not give you an accurate result as your LH hormone progresses overnight. Hope this helps
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the TTC Young Group

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.