Avatar universal

Permanent bruise itching

Hi There,

I have had a bruise just below and to the right of my right knee-cap for as long as I can remember. On occasions (maybe 4 or 5 times a week) it becomes really, really itchy.

I'm 48 and in otherwise good general health. I have been strongly encouraged (!) to get it checked out.Any advice would be most welcome.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
363281 tn?1643235611
Since you have had it so long, I would see a GP or dermatologist, it may be nothing, but then again, it may be caused by an entirely different issue. It is always best to have things like this looked into, especially if it has been going for a long time.
Helpful - 0
1756321 tn?1547095325
I had what I thought was a permanent bruise on my shoulder blade. Turns out it is acanthosis nigricans due to insulin resistance. I have more area of skin colour change too such as under my arms.  These areas may also be itchy. Very suspect if you are overweight or obese, eat a diet high in sugar or refined carbs, or are diabetic. Although some people can be thin with insulin resistance. Tests insulin serum. There is also a test called Homa IR. My issue was too much refined sugar from my diet. I now read labels!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.