Avatar universal

Unexplained floating feeling and reactive antibody test

I have a constant floating feeling every min of every day now. It started almost 5 years ago and used to be only a few mins every few months, started out with body numbness. Now it doesn’t stop, it’s rare I have a few minutes I feel normal. I’m a 28 yr old female. Doctors can’t figure out what’s wrong. My RPR test came back reactive but FTA-ABS negative (which means something is off with my antibodies but supposably not syphilis). I feel on the verge of passing out daily. Brain and neck MRI are normal, EKG normal besides tachycardia. I have been referred to cardiologist and will have appointment soon. I am anemic (7.6hgl) due to fibroid (8cm latest measurement - grew from 5cm in one year) and iron intake doesn’t seem to help, my blood levels keep decreasing. Could that be it or how can I have a doctor look further into what’s going and what should they be looking for? I have family history of Reed’s syndrome, lupus, Takayasu (heart disease), and blood clots/aneurysms.. help? I don’t think doctors even know where to start... can I request a full body test somehow? Idk What to do but it’s affecting my entire life always feeling like I’m going to pass out and just off balance floaty feeling.. does anyone have any similar family history with similar symptoms? My body knows something is just not right, what should I ask my doctor do??? Some of the possibilities get very serious over time and that scares me
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
1081992 tn?1389903637
"what should they be looking for?"
Lupus is on the list of diseases/conditions that can cause a false positive result on the RPR test. Lupus can cause anemia, yours seems pretty severe.

You can't rule out Lupus merely by having a negative ANA test, since some people have Lupus while still being negative on the ANA test (5-10% ?).

Lyme is also on that list. Lupus and Lyme are infamous for causing a wide variety of symptoms.

Helpful - 0
20803600 tn?1546262537
It sounds like you need a team of physicians with a primary Internist/GP at the center. The cardiologist is a good start, with reports going to your core physician. An internist might be the best choice for your primary physician, who can coordinate referrals, reports, ensure testing is done and shared.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.