Avatar universal

Vitamin B12 Def

I have been having alot of health problems for the past 2 years.  I have Celiac and Addisons Disease. Two years ago, I started having tingling and numbing sensation in my hands and feet. My doctor said it was probably a pinched nerve. About six months later I still had the tingling sensation but now having muscle spasms all over my body. Sometimes my eye would twitch for 2 days straight. My doctor check my b12 level and said it was slighty low, but not low enough to have symptoms so he sent me to a neurologist. They did several test for als and ms. All were negative. He sent me back to my doctor because I has nothing neurologically wrong with me. By this time, my symptoms have gotten worse. Besides the tingling and muscle spasms, I have vision problems, extreme fatigue, muscle weakness, gastritis, and red swollen tongue. I can deal with most of this, but my tongue I cant. It is always sore. My papilla fall off leaving big swollen red sores. I can barely taste anything. Eating is extremely painful. I have terrible stomach pain everyday. My doctor put me on nexium and my mouth is even more sore. I almost faint when I stand up. I just feel like I am slowly dying and no one will help me.  My B12 level was check again.  It was in normal range. But I am deficient in Folic Acid and Vit D. I am now taking supplememts for that, but I dont feel any better. Could I be deficient in Vit B12 and still have a normal blood test? What else can I do?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
The red postules on your tongue and mouth could be thrush you should have that checked. Have some test run on your liver just to make sure things are fine there. Do research on symptoms of Liver disorders.
Helpful - 0
351246 tn?1379682132
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
With folic acid deficiency, it is possible for iron and Vit B12 deficiency to co-exist. Hence if B12 is normal, test for iron. Also once you start Vti D and folic acid supplements it will be sometime before you really feel normal again. You can take Vit B12 supplements or a multivitamin B12 supplement and see.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Undiagnosed Symptoms Community

Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1643235611
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.