Urology Community

Bladder sling pain

I had my bladder sling put in 12/21/2012, two weeks post- op, I began to have a burning pain, like a UTI, but worse, I was put on a month of cipro and pain pills, the urologist says its not the sling, but I am unconvinced, considering the pain began after the surgery, my last appointment , he told me I am going to have to learn to live with the pain,
My question, is this, how can this constant pain be normal? I can't take pain pills for the rest of my life!!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, trauma, injuries, neuro-muscular causes, referred pain from other regions etc. This may or may not be related to the surgery. It would be best to have this reviewed by your treating urologist or consider a second opinion from another urologist for a detailed evaluation. After a specific cause is identified, it can be managed accordingly.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!