Urology Community

Effect of antibiotics on urine culture

I was on antibiotics for 7 days as the doctor prescribed (for a bladder infection) and noticed they had little effect on my fever. Therefore I called my doctor the last day (day 7) and she asked me to take a urine sample the next morning for a culture. So my last pill was thursday at 10 PM and it was a sample of my urine at 8 AM the next day. The culture came back clean, so with no bacteria.

My question is whether or not the antibiotics could have affected the outcome of the test, since I still have the same (and even a few more) symptoms that indicate there is an infection in my bladder/kidneys.
It is unlikely that you still have a UTI if your urine culture is clear. Your urinary symptoms may not relate to infection.