Urology Community

Frequent Urinating

So I noticed when I am sleeping that I get up alot to urinate throughout the night. Any ideas why?

recently I counted how many times I went to the bathroom during the day. from 9am-5:30pm. I urinated around 4-5 times. Is this normal or too much during the day?

Any thoughts on this?
How are you? What other symptoms are present? Urinary frequency may be caused by urinary tract infection, medication side effect, caffeine intake, prostate issues, overactive bladder syndrome or from underlying medical conditions such as diabetes. Try to avoid drinking plenty of fluids or caffeine ( coffee, tea, etc) at night. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Urine tests and other diagnostic examination may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.