Urology Community

Frequent need to urinate after open appendectomy

I'm a 24 year old girl, and just got my appendix taken out 3 days ago. RIght after surgery, I noticed I had a huge need to urinate very frequentely! I told this to a nurse, who told me it was normal, because of what they we're injecting me! Thing is, I've been home for 2 days with nothing being injected on my veins, and I still go to the bathroom a lot. I feel like I'm going to burst if I don't, and when I get there, I barely urinate. I never get out of the bathroom with the feeling of complete relieve. Sometimes, ten minutes later I have to go back because of the same symptoms.
Could this be from the swelling of the surgery or is this another problem?
Thanks for the help!