Urology Community

Testical growth

I am a VA patient. About 6yrs ago I noticed a growth about the size of a lima bean at the top of my rt testical. I told my dr & he said not to be concerned, it was a spermacele & very common. Since then I have been back several times; when it was just a little smaller than my testical the dr said don't worry about it until you "can't get your pants zipped - removal is painful & never goes away". Last year I saw there urologist; he ASKED me about it, and said it's not a spermacele - it's a varicocele not to worry about it.
What it is like:
Now slightly larger than the testical.
It is firm & seems tightly attached to the testicle with something cord like.
It is not painful, however it is awkward & bump it often - then it hurts.
QUESTION:
1- Can you tell without feeling it, what it is?
2- Will it continue to grow at a faster rate?
3- How big will it get?
4- Can it be removed?
5- Will it be more painful if removed?
Thank you in advance for your comments & help.