Urology Forum

large spleen

my 14 yr old son has a large spleen,blood work shows anemia and
has platlet count of 700,000.  we are told possible lukemia.
what else can it be ?
Dear Bill Newton,

Certain myeloproliferative disease, such as essential thrombocytosis, can present with enlarged spleen, elevated platelet count and anemia.  I think you would benefit most by consulting with your medical doctor or hematologist/oncologist.  

As a urologist, I would be happy to address any questions/concerns regarding diseases and treatment of the genitourinary system.

This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653 6568).

Sincerely,
HFHS M.D.-TP
*Keyword: splenomeg
0
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.