I am a 34 year old who had a transvaginal implant done in 2009 I have always had pain thought I would just have to live with it. Now its eroded and I keep having this pus like stuff coming out of me from where the erosion site is. I'm having surgery dec 13 to have it removed hopefully all goes well but the dr whose doing the surgery doesn't seem to concerned about the pus and my family doctor does. I'm  So depressed and feel like I'm reaching my breaking point. Not sure what to do has anyone else had this pus stuff coming out of them from the erosion site and if so what did your doctor say. Pplease help me with this.
Sorry to read of your problem.  Mesh erosions occur in 3 to 15% of transvaginal placements as a general rule.  Patients will often experience a discharge from the erosion.  Removal of the exposed mesh, copious lavage with saline or an antibiotic solution, and proper closure of the vagina is usually very successful.  You will be given antibiotics IV during surgery as well.  Just make sure your surgeon has experience in removal and hopefully implantation of transvaginal mesh.  J. Kyle Mathews, MD  
Thank u for the info can u tell me when the mesh is removed what the percentage rate for everyrhing to prolapse again is
A urologist at magee women's hospital in pittsburgh pa is doing the surgery with a urogynecologist. I'm so nervous cause I've read now matter how good the doctor is at removing it u could still end up having to have multiple surgeries cause mesh gets missed and can't be removed.

You are reading content posted in the Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Forum