tvt sling

I'm looking for some advise as this problem is stressing me out big time. I'm looking54 yrs old had a full historectomy at an early age about 8yrs ago had a tvt sling fitted.
Approximately a year ago i started getting a discharge and and went to see a doctor who found absolutely nothing wrong did a pap smear and all clear. But this discharge never went i have used cream, gel, douch. I recently started getting sore hips and pelvic pain. I went to see now the third gyny who also could find nothing wrong but mentioned that it could be the tvt sling. He gave me a strong antibiotic which i completed but this has not helped.

Is there anyone who has had this problem who can maybe advise me. Do i go back again I'm really worried as i am having to constantly wear panty liners.

This is driving me crazy.

Please help.

Briony
Hi do you have a phone number I can call you? I am 100% sure what is wrong with you and what is going on with you. I pray to hear back from you.
Hi there.

yes 082 0943291

thank you
or mail me ***@****
I too am having the same problem come to find out after going through 4 different doctors the sling has moved and is eroding out my right side
Ok I have been back to the doctor and has had another look and cannot see any vaginal problem.  I am now off to see a Urologist to have this TVT sling checked as this is all I can think it can be.  

very scary
I too have this discharsge its pus like antibiots are not getting rid of it I'm having surgery in aaonth for them to try to remove ot but he doesn't seemed worried about the pus my family doctor is and so am I all I know is she said its comming from the mesh erosion but doesn't know what the pus is. So upset ocould use some help here too please
I too have this discharsge its pus like antibiots are not getting rid of it I'm having surgery in aaonth for them to try to remove ot but he doesn't seemed worried about the pus my family doctor is and so am I all I know is she said its comming from the mesh erosion but doesn't know what the pus is. So upset locould use some help here too please. A urologist isthe one doing the surgery is making me feel like its not a big deal and I'm goung crazy with worry I ddon't want pus comming out of me for ajother month
Ok hopefully, after almost a two year search and two pap smears in one year. and four different doctors, antibiotics, creams, gels, you name it I have tried it. to find out what is causing this pus like discharge.

I ended up at the Urology hospital in Pretoria.  after undergoing a scope it was found that the TVT sling was the problem.

There was an infection between the sling and the bladder and was busy going septic. Which explains the pus like discharge the whole time.  

the TVT sling was removed three days ago and im hoping for the best now. at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  

holding thumbs.

Briony

holding thumbs.

Briony

You are reading content posted in the Vaginal Mesh - Surgical Repair Forum