Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Anybody know how I can get nm283?

I'm a non-responder to two rounds of peg plus riba, I'm geno#1a and in stage 3.  I just got a call from a friend who told me he read about NM283 somewhere and that it is very successful. I just did a Google and it looks good.  My wife, who has been nosing around this site for a while, told me to ask the question.  So, does anybody here know about it?  How can I get this stuff?
Henry
18 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
"If you're interested in dressing in black and camouflaging your face, I'll help you break into the lab."

I'm in. But we will have to have a better plan than the one I saw last night in Masato Harada's quirky film, "Kamikaze Taxi". For those interested, it's currently playing on Time Warner's "Movie On Demand".
Helpful - 0
Rudy my email is irish00_98***@****.
Helpful - 0
Irish and Jane,
Or anybody on or interested in 283....I'd like to maintain contact.   My email is ***@****

rudy
Helpful - 0
26471 tn?1211936521
If you're interested in dressing in black and camouflaging your face, I'll help you break into the lab.  We can have a party and pass the stuff around.

;)
Helpful - 0
Jane 777,
I understand you are also on this program and would like to hear from you on the side effects that you are having compared with my side effects. We might be able to let everyone know what has been going on and what to expect. Some people are not handling it well while others are tolerating it because we really dont have alot of solutions yet to fight this. My email for anyone interested is irish00_98***@****.
Helpful - 0
Back from the deadzone.  I saw this thread and thought I'd jump in.   So there's another monkey among us.  Anyone think about possible long term side effects from the nm283?
Helpful - 0
I live in the Chicago area.  Where are you?
Helpful - 0
Dr Godofsky in Bradenton Florida is on that study and I am one of the people on the study.
My viral load was at 1,222,000 when I started and I am at 15,000 now.
Their are 5 groups in the study taking different doses and combinations. I am on the strongest dose of nm283 and also the strongest shot of Peg interferon.
All of us in the study are non responsive patients and I have been in two previous studies for the past 5 years.
There are several Universities also in the study so maybe you can check into that and you might have one close to where you live.
Helpful - 0
Sorry  about the typo.  We'll blame peg.
I sent the company an email, through the "contact us" button at the bottom of the page.  They answered and gave me the nearest site.
Where are you?  

rudy
Helpful - 0
I went to clinicaltrials.gov, found information on the nm283 trial and it lists the trial sites there. The website is:  http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00118768?order=10 and the person to contact is: Kristin Kleber 617-995-9807    kleber.***@**** .  Lucky me, there seems to be a site in Chicago.
Henry

Helpful - 0
I went to the Idenix website but I didn't see anything about the centers.  Do you know where, specifically, I can locate these centers on the site?
Thanks.
Henry
Helpful - 0
The article I got from Google said the company was called Idenix, not Idenex.
Helpful - 0
90502 tn?1196364005
I tried idenex.com and it's dental supplies and the like.  Would you confirm that's the correct site please?  Thank you.
Helpful - 0
Thanks.  I'll check out Idenix.  I would do anything to get rid of this disease and get my life back.
Helpful - 0
The phase IIb 283 trial is fully enrolled.  I expect they'll start recruiting for the Phase III this fall.  I heard from the company that the phase III will only involve 400 people.  If you are interested, the company web  site is idenex.com.  They can tell you which centers will be involved in phase III.

Rudy
Helpful - 0
Hummm, Am I Crazy, or did Kim not post his friday fight song this past week?????

Where is he???
Helpful - 0
I fired my hepatologist.  I'll check the website you suggested.  Thank you.
Helpful - 0
you could check clinicaltrials.gov for the studies on the new drugs, or your local research hospital.
Your GI/hepatologist should also be aware of ongoing trials.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Hepatitis C Community

Top Hepatitis Answerers
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
683231 tn?1467323017
Auburn, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Answer a few simple questions about your Hep C treatment journey.

Those who qualify may receive up to $100 for their time.
Explore More In Our Hep C Learning Center
image description
Learn about this treatable virus.
image description
Getting tested for this viral infection.
image description
3 key steps to getting on treatment.
image description
4 steps to getting on therapy.
image description
What you need to know about Hep C drugs.
image description
How the drugs might affect you.
image description
These tips may up your chances of a cure.
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.