Acne Community

Can I still use my topical ointment after and allergic reaction to my oral?

I had a pretty bad allergic reaction* to Solodyn (minocycline) and I was just wondering if I can use my topical ointment? It's called Ziana and its tretronoin and clindamacin phosphate. I don't want to have another allergic reaction because it was awful. Also, I'm scheduled to have a chemical peel done, what are the after effects of that? I'm having the lowest level one, so how long will my skin be red and what is happening? My dermatologist said it will help clear my pores and keep them clear, but I really have no idea what the procedure is. Do they really help keep your skin clear?

*my reaction was really bad swelling of my face, legs, arms, hands, and feet and like my entire body was covered in giant hives. The reaction started about a week ago and all the swelling is gone, but I still break out in hives on my back and arms about everyday once the benedryl wears off
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions