Dry, itchy, red, flaky skin around nose and forehead

I have these couple of red spots that started around my nose and I started picking the dry skin off every single day that it forms and it actually started spreading it seems. I now have it on my forehead inbetween my eyebrows. It seems to get worse after showers, but when I went to a friends house in mooresville, nc and used their shower (they have well water) my skin was completely clear. Maybe it's the city water? Stress? Everytime I peel a layer off it reforms within hours..

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
That's a great clue, that well water didn't do it.  

I'd get a company to come and test your water.  Maybe a water filter would fix it.  I want to get one as our water has both chlorine and ammonia added, which is terrible for skin, hair and lungs.  

The construction company I work for uses Kinetico.  The system I need is around $1200, so I don't have it yet.  Note that adding a water filter will reduce your water pressure, so if your pressure is too low you won't use it (and have the plumber install a bypass when it is installed so you can bypass it easily).  
Helpful - 0
You could also see if just washing your face in distilled water gives you relief.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Acne Community

Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions