Allergy Community

Odd vitamin reaction

I have no food or drug allergies that I'm aware of.  When I take multivitamins- no matter what brand, I start having slight body aches, have very swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and feel fatigued and slightly flu like.  A day or two after discontinuing the vitamins, everything is back to normal.  I do okay by taking no more than 1 or 2 vitamins each day of the week along with whole food supplements such as fish oil and powdered greens (the whole foods I can take everyday).  I take a different vitamin each day for fear of reaction although B-vitamin complexes, C, A, E don't seem to cause a reaction when taken consecutively but I try not to take too much anyway.  I haven't tested other vitamins consecutively.  What could be going on?
I too have these symptoms with multivitamins.  I started taking them 14 years ago and, duh, just figured out the cause. I have had lots of dr visits, blood tests and such to no avail. Had to figure this out on my own.  Now to discover why. Glucosamine is even more severe putting me in bed unable to function. One dr suggested maybe a sensitivity to seafood which I guess is used to make some calcium supplements and glucosamine.  Blood work is good and I am healthy I just have the achie pain and even nervous system involvment with painful skin to touch and some tremor.  No more multivitamins for me!
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.