Allergy Community

Strange allergic reaction

About 3 years ago I found out I was allergic to fish. I would eat it and it would feel like it would get stuck and not go all the way down. Then I would get this pain from my chest all the way though to my upper back. After a few hours I will eventually puke it up. I still tried eating it every once in a while just to see if it maybe it was a temporary thing. Well it wasn't it happened every time. the last couple times I tried it made my head get hot and gave me a headache along with the back pains. I then discovered about a year ago that when I eat bananas I have the exact same reaction. To add to all of that, when I ate my lunch today I started having those pains again. I had a turkey sandwich with mayo and cheese which is pretty common for me. however, today I used whole wheat bread because that is all we had. I am guessing it is being caused by the bread. My question is how can all of these be related? What exactly is in all of these foods causing this reaction?
I can't find a common link to these foods. It's possible that it is something else causing it. Not all allergic reactions appear immediately. Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours or more for an allergic reaction to take place after coming into contact with a known allergen.
It could also be that you are allergic to all of these things.
Then again, unless you have testing done, you won't know for sure. The symptoms you are describing sound more like an ulcer issue or perhaps heartburn or some other stomach issue. See your doctor, have testing done.
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.