Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Do I need to go back to the psych ward?

A few months ago I was diagnosed Bipolar and I was in a mild psychosis, I went to the psych ward for help and I came out feeling so much better. Before treatment I was hearing voices, couldn’t sleep, experiencing paranoia, and was violent. It’s been about 4 months since I was released. I recently moved into my grandfathers basement and since then my depression has gotten so bad I cry all day, I can’t leave my bed, the voices have come back, and I am starting to get thoughts about harming myself or others. I am supposed to be starting a new job on Tuesday and I don’t want to mess it up but I’m scared. I feel so defeated, and empty. I don’t know what to do anymore.
3 Responses
15242955 tn?1534438461
I think you need to talk to your psychiatrist about your symptoms.  I mean especially the thoughts of harming yourself or others,.    I realize its a terrible delimna  with a possible new job on the way     OTOH you need to take  care of yourself.  Good luck to you.
Please explain what help you were given in the ward.  Regular antidepressants do not work for bipolar people.  If you can't get an appointment, try to talk to your psychiatrist on the phone.  
973741 tn?1342342773
That's a good question.  What was your follow up care when you were released?  Do you see a psychiatrist? That should be stop number one.  They want you to be successful so reach out as soon as possible for that help.  best to you.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Bipolar Disorder Community

Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.