Do I need to go back to the psych ward?

A few months ago I was diagnosed Bipolar and I was in a mild psychosis, I went to the psych ward for help and I came out feeling so much better. Before treatment I was hearing voices, couldn’t sleep, experiencing paranoia, and was violent. It’s been about 4 months since I was released. I recently moved into my grandfathers basement and since then my depression has gotten so bad I cry all day, I can’t leave my bed, the voices have come back, and I am starting to get thoughts about harming myself or others. I am supposed to be starting a new job on Tuesday and I don’t want to mess it up but I’m scared. I feel so defeated, and empty. I don’t know what to do anymore.
I think you need to talk to your psychiatrist about your symptoms.  I mean especially the thoughts of harming yourself or others,.    I realize its a terrible delimna  with a possible new job on the way     OTOH you need to take  care of yourself.  Good luck to you.
Please explain what help you were given in the ward.  Regular antidepressants do not work for bipolar people.  If you can't get an appointment, try to talk to your psychiatrist on the phone.  
That's a good question.  What was your follow up care when you were released?  Do you see a psychiatrist? That should be stop number one.  They want you to be successful so reach out as soon as possible for that help.  best to you.

You are reading content posted in the Bipolar Disorder Community