Stopping pill one day early to shift period start day

Hello all,

I have been taking Yasminelle for about 10 months now. Back when I started, I took my first pill on a Sunday, cause I hoy my period. Every month, I stop taking them on a Sunday and my period usually comes on a Wednesday, so it usually stops on a Saturday.

Would there be any problems if this month I dont take my last one (Saturday) so my period comes on a Tuesday instead on Wednesday and I am period-free for the whole weekend? This period would be 27 days instead of 28. Will stopping the pill one day early mess with my cycles?

Thank you
Hi,  this is done pretty commonly.  Manipulating when you get your period for special occasions when taking the pill.  Makes me a little nervous myself though.  Did you do it?  How did it go?  Any issues?
Hello, thank you for your reply. Yes, I did do it un the end and it caused no problem whatsoever. I had a 27-day cycle that month and the following one has been completely normal (and it started on a Wednesday!) I had my regular check up apptment with my obgyn todas and everything was perfect.

You are reading content posted in the Birth Control (Contraception) Community