Blood Disorders Community
945 Members

Enlarged Red Blood Cells

I have recently had a CA125 test as I had symptoms of Ovarian cancer and my Grandma has had it. The results came back that my red blood cells were enlarged -103 on the first test. I have had another test done and they were 100 plus vitamin tests were fine. I am trying to conceive and hoping this does not affect fertility. I have been researching and have found alcohol can affect it. I did go to a wedding and have a holiday approx 3 months ago and drank a fair bit then. Could this affect the cells or does it have to be prolonged drinking? Also I am taking baby aspirin could this affect it? Freaking myself out as my Grandma also had lymphoma but died of leukaemia. Thanks for any advice.
Fish oil, folic acid, vitamin C. Find out if these supplements are heart-healthy or overhyped.
In this latest Missouri Medicine article, Richard J Weachter, MD, details the pros and cons of new blood thinner drug Dabigatran (Pradaxa).
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Salt in food can hurt your heart.
Get answers to your top questions about this common — but scary — symptom
How to know when chest pain may be a sign of something else