Breast Cancer Community

Herceptin after Masectomy?

My tumor was HER2 positive with negitive nodes . I had a bilateral Mastecomy with Diep Flap reconstuction.  Is there still a possiblity to get Cancer in other places due to the Her2 involvment?  Do you recommend Herceptin as a treatment?
Ro
The discussion would be best had with your Oncologist who knows all the details of your particular case. Mastectomy does not mean that you are 'home free" when it comes to having a recurrance or even another primary cancer. Regards .....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.