Cancer Community

Hard lump on sacrum

Yesterday, I found a hard lump on the right side of my sacrum. It's bone hard and not movable.

I'm scared to death it's cancer, going to my GP tomorrow
Hello and thank you for your question.  I would not think cancer is the first thought of what a lump on your sacrum could be.  Different things can cause this and is it new?  Does it hurt?  Disc herniation can cause this type of lump, arthritis in the area called spondyloathropathy , Vertebral osteomyelitis which is inflammation or infection of the bone or bone marrow of the spine, etc.  Things that you may have always had like scoliosis or hyperlordosis (sway back) can cause it.  https://www.rightdiagnosis.com/sym/sacrum_lump.htm    Do you have a bit of health anxiety?  This is extremely common.  When we constantly are checking our body or taking symptoms or different things we notice and picturing cancer or the bleakest diagnosis from them.  It's treatable with the help of a psychiatrist or psychologist and sometimes medication for anxiety.  But certainly talk therapy helps with it substantially.  Let us know how your GP appointment goes.
Hello. I wanted to check back in and see what your GP had to say.  Please give us an update.
Consider getting MRI or CT sacrum/coccyx.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.