Children - Special Needs Community
744 Members

28week premie delays

My son was born at 28weeks and is now 18 months. He is not talking, walking, standing. I am getting really worried and stressed. Everyone tells me he is fine and it will come with time.  I understand that but I have a feeling something is wrong. The doctors I have talked to keep telling me to just wait. I just feel he is so far behind and I think that there is more we could be doing for him. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Who should I talk to? He does have an Early Education teacher that comes out once a month, but she just plays with him. I don't really feel like we're getting anywhere with her. Please help!! I am so stressed out!
He doesn't get any pt or ot?....He should be getting them....Give it time if your doctor seems fine with it...
Go with your gut...You seem very stressed out about it so I would definately get him into pt or to see an ot.  Have you been given any exercises to help him learn these things?? I know for a baby born full term 18 months is the late side of walking so, I wouldn't be too concerned over that since he's a preemie.  Google PT exercises for gross motor delay.  This will give you alot of sites and some exercises you can do at home to get him going.  I personally would insist that his doc refer you to at least a PT.  Even if everything is perfectly fine it will help to ease your mind.  It's never fun not knowing...
My 9 month old sees a PT.  If you want some description on exercises to help him just PM me and I can elaborate.    
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments