Comprehensive Dentistry Forum

full mouth extraction and dentures at 23 years old

I previously posted this question http://tinyurl.com/ns9tgc and want to thank top 3 dentists for the replies, but now, after going to the clinic, i need another bit of help.

The dental clinic said i will need every tooth pulled (which is what a dentist who looked at my mouth told me would probably be the case as well) and i have 2 options there.  Pull them all at once with IV sedation for only $235 or a few at a time at a much higher rate with local anesthetics. What are the pros and cons to both methods and which do you suggest.

I will also need dentures , but will have to wait for my gums to heal. What are the risks of fixed implant dentures vs regular or removable implant dentures?
Thank you for that article, I'm reading it now.  As for the "getting more info" part, I'm waiting for the clinic to open so that i can call and talk to someone about the experience of the oral surgeons and to set up a plan of which i am going to then call another dentist who i have seen recently who knows the current condition of my teeth in order to verify that this is the best course of action.  

You hit my biggest fear dead on.  Starting to do this and finding out that it's not right for me.  Whether it be due to jaw bone issues or even just the experience of the dentists who will be working on me.

As for the immediates, The did not mention anything about them when i had been in to discuss the best course of action for my mouth, but after reading about the fact that if your teeth are brittle or in serious states of decay, I'm thinking that they want to pull them and make sure that everything heals correctly and that there are no complications with pulling the teeth because they are in a very serious state of decay and some of them may actually be very hard to pull (one of which is nothing but the root of the tooth remaining which is well below the gumline)

Now, those are just my assumptions at the moment and i know what they say about assuming, so that is why i plan on calling them in 2 hours when the phone lines open.  If you see a flaw in my theory, please do correct me because I am looking for all of the information, advice and everything that I can find to verify with the other dentists, dental hygienists and oral surgeons.
Erm, in reviewing my previous post, i started to make a point and just stopped, so about this section:
As for the immediates, The did not mention anything about them when i had been in to discuss the best course of action for my mouth, but after reading about the fact that if your teeth are brittle or in serious states of decay,

I've heard that pulling the teeth can be a downright pain due to complications of the tooth or teeth in question breaking during extraction.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.