Avatar universal

Brown mark on foot

Hi, I have just noticed a mole like thing on near the sole of my foot, its about 5mm shaped like a tear only the slightest bit raised and I know it wasn't there a week ago. What could this be?
Many thanks
Best Answer
563773 tn?1374246539
It can be a mole. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
I forgot to add I am 27 and female. here is a piccy of it: http://i57.tinypic.com/2j630y1.jpg (even though it looks red in the picture I assure you it is brown)
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions