Avatar universal

Weird piece of skin on my hand

I'd first like to start off by showing you the piece of skin on my hand:


A description of it would be an extra circular layer of skin that sticks out of my hand. I didn't always have this. I noticed it formed about 15 months ago. I haven't done anything to it since I thought it would fix on it's own, but it just hasn't. It doesn't hurt or affect me, but it looks weird. Does anyone know what this is? How could I go about fixing this? I don't want to see a dermatologist unless it's a serious issue.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
4851940 tn?1515694593
What you have is a "Wart".  

You can purchase wart removers from the pharmacy.
If you make an appointment to see your doctor, he will be able to freeze it off for you.  Sometimes you may need more than session of freezing to get rid of it completely.

It is a viral thing and it can be spread to other people.  
The roots of the wart are deeper in the skin.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Warts last a long time? I've had this for around 1.5 years. Thanks for the info, hopefully I can get it removed now!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions