Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
Avatar universal

My dog swallowed a big piece of rubber, should I be concerned?

My 8 month old lab/ shepherd swallowed a big piece of Kong Dotz Circle Large Dog Toy. Should I call the vet, or will she be able to pass it on her own? I found out as soon as she swallowed it because she was still swallowing it as I walked in the room. She seems ok, and I've given her food to help pass the rubber, but I'm afraid that the rubber might be too big for her to pass. Should I call the vet?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
675347 tn?1365460645
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am sorry to be late with my reply, by two days!

My feeling is that it would be best to consult the vet, probably to phone and ask, and give details first, then if the vet needs to see her they will call you in with her.
They will probably want to know the dimensions of the piece of rubber. But a very big piece might not be possible for her to pass.

I hope you did decide to call the vet. It would be a good idea I think.
I hope your dog is okay?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dogs Community

Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365460645
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424653129
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.