Endometriosis Community

Lining Ablation

i am 27 years old and about 1 1/2 months ago i was diagnosed with 2 large complex cysts on my R ovary.  today I went to the gyno and my cysts have ruptured.  But she says that i still have follicles on both ovaries and she wants to do a diagnostic laproscopy and a ablation on my uterus lining and she wants to see if i have endometrosis and if i do she is going to laser off the spots- because I have severe abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting,  severe vag  bleeding and pain during intercourse.  My question is i actually had two choices-one was the ablation and the other was implanting a IUD in my uterus.  I have already had a tubal 2 years ago.  But I want to know if the abation is the way to go.  My gyno said this will prolong my hysterectomy for a while since I am so young.  Can someone please give me their opinion on this and am I making the right choice.  Thank you.
Hi there! I can comment on the ablation; I had one about 8 weeks ago. In addition, I had cyst removal and a D&C. I was diagnosed with endometriosis and lost 1 ovary and 2/3 of the other. If you are already having a laparoscopy, I would say that the ablation is worth a try since you are already asleep for the surgery. I had a thick uterine lining (14mm) and wanted to try the ablation before considering something more drastic. Now, there are others that have had different results, but I had no pain from the ablation. I bled lightly for about 8 days, then skipped a period. Now I did get a period that seemed like usual just this last week but I understand that it can take 3 to 6 months for the true results of an ablation to be known and that I might still get lighter and lighter periods. I considered an IUD also, but the one that thins the lining is hormonal and I didn't want to add anything else. I had a tubal with this surgery also. I understand that the younger you are, the less time the ablation lasts. I don't think that it is considered a permanent fix. But if you don't want to face a full hysterectomy right now, I would say to give it a try. I had a hydrothermal ablation, which is supposed to get all of the areas that are harder to reach with some other methods. I really didn't have any bad effects from it, but I might have noticed more had I not been on percocet for the lap surgery. Let us know how it goes.

Jennyrose
Hi, I had the Novasure procedure done on Sept. 29, 2009. I was having 7-10 day heavy periods so my Dr. recommended it. They put me to sleep and it was off to the races... I woke up in pain and was given meds.. After the procedure I had light bleeding and discharge for about 4 weeks, and cramped for about three days.  I got my regular period almost a week later. I am now on my second cycle since the procedure and haven't seen any changes. My period still flows heavily as if nothing happened. My question is how long should It take to see any results, or is this a sign that the procedure didn't work?