Eye Care Community

Alcon 1 piece Acrysof Mono

Alcons 1 piece mono IOL looks like it has a yellow tint to it.Do they make the same model without a tint??
Also have any of the Docs here used the Tecnis 1 piece mono and the Tecnis 3 piece mono 9003...??
What is you experience installing these?? Please elaborate.
And have you heard of new mono lenses coming in 2013 that look promising??
I use all three IOLs.  The all work fine.   Alcon Acrysof only comes in a tint.  It it rare that a patient notice the color.

Dr. O.
I have the Alcon Acrysof toric (i had a lot of astigmatism so needed that version) with the UV filter (blue light)...i can highly recommend it from my experience with it...all colors i see look very natural to me and in fact, i would say the filter is a good thing to have as i never seem to need sunglasses even when i go to places with very bright sunlight like florida....

It's a very good lens by the way (works well)...and the filter is NOT like putting on sunglasses, it just filters the harmful uv sunlight, that is really all...
so you dont see any tint at all?? I wonder about night driving with a tinted lense. I HAVE to be able to drive at night after cat surgery.
Doctor, could you say which Tecnis you like best in mono and why??And feel free to mention other IOLs.
I really appreciate the knowledge. This forum is the closest thing to a cataracts forum anywhere on the web.
Correct...i would say i do not notice any tint at all...but i can also tell you that i do great in strong sunlight, in the rather blaring light that you find in shopping malls, and night time vision is fine...so, to be honest, i don't see any "downside" to it, only pluses...Of course, i am speaking specifically to that lens and that type of tint, since that is what i have...
I've said it before:  the degree of blue-light blocking in Alcon lenses (i.e., yellow tint) varies with the power of of the IOL.  Powers used to correct very farsighted eyes have the most yellow tint; powers used to correct very nearsighted eyes have the least.  Some people who have a tinted lens in one eye and a non-tinted lens in the other report that there is a difference in color.  If I were very farsighted or worked in a paint store, I'd probably opt for a non-tinted lens.  (BTW, both Acrysof and Tecnis lenses filter UVA.)
but if you look at the 1 piece Tecnis and the 9003 3 piece Tecnis you dont notice any tint...you definitely notice on the Acrysoft.
Baush and Lomb
has the newer EnVista 1 piece that is blue. It btw looks to be a good 1 piece design though you dont hear much about it. But I dont like BL overall.
Definitely not the Akreos with 4 haptics. Thats 2 too many I think and its problems are documented. I am a 3 diopter myope with .50 cylinder. Both.
I am leaning toward the 9003. But it is an older design.