i am 23 years old and i had a prk on 15 october 2009 in both eyes.
i was suffering from high myopiain left eye. the number of my right eye was -3.0 and number of my left eye was -20.0 and i was only able to read first three lines on board with my left eye with -20.0 .doctor did correction at -15 in left eye, after prk surgery my vision improved and i was able to read 5 lines on board and my sight in left eye was 6/9 p with -1.5 glass. but 5 months after the procedure i developed haze in my left eye and now about 3 months have passed with haze in my eyes and i have 6/9 p with -6.0 glass.i had OCT test it showed reading 114 um(micro mtr) haze on cornea( i am not sure is it haze or what) . i am very much worried about this and my doctor is saying that i have to undergo prk procedure again as by that way he is only able to clear haze from my left eye.
. doctor prescribed me some medicines from day of prk. From day of surgery till now i am using them. medicines he prescribed were:
1. pilocarpine nitrate 2% (1 time in a day)
2. ketorolac tromethamine (4 time in a day)
3.fluorometholon tobramycin (3 time in a day)
4. gylcerin and carboxy methyl cellulose ointment (4 time in a day)
5.neomycin and polymyxin B sulphates, bactirian zinc and hydrocortisone ointment (1 time in a day).
* Doctor, is there any other way to treat haze except surgery?
* Doctor if i will have prk again to remove haze is there possibility of haze forming again in eye.?
* Is it safe to go for prk 2nd time?