high SED rate

Had Labs done Friday. Went and picked-up results this evening. Always run kinda high (40s). This one is 74. This is also a retest because the last one was so high. This one was also fasting. Had some other areas that were also out but not by a whole lot ( chol. lymphocites and rbc). Flare-ups have been more frequent as well.  Could that be the reason for such a high number?
I've been a Med Tech since 97 and I have done several ESR (Sed rates) on myself and I have NEVER had a high result.  I was diagnosed with FM in 02 but have been dealing with widespread pain all of my life.  Sed rates are high due to inflammation, not FM, Atleast not that I am aware of or heard of such a thing.  What were your other results?  Lymphocytes & RBC?  Have you had a Lymes test?  You can actually test neg several times before testing pos.  
A high sed rate is a non-specific marker of inflammation.  Vasculitis is one cause for a high sed rate.   When a sed rate is high usually more testing is done to rule out diseases.
Do you know what your Rheumatoid Factor is or C-Reactive protein? Or have you recently had an ANA screening? I would be curious to know those numbers as well. Have they already ruled out RA or Lupus at this point?
Yes i also have RA. But factors have all been good for guite some time. Also on Sulidec for the inflamation. Lympocite are 18, monocites 15 and triglycerides 250 nothing else to bad just SED. Maybe the RA is creeping back and might have to change up on meds. I see new RA doc in couple of weeks. Just been stuck with GP and pain clinics as of late
Yes, I would get in to see your new Rheumy and get reevaluated to make sure your RA is under control. That could be what is setting off your SED rate. Yours is rather high, but I am thinking the Rheumy should be able to help you figure it out or point you in the right direction. I would bring your recent test results with you.  

You are reading content posted in the Fibromyalgia Community

For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.