General Health Community
9.02k Members
Avatar universal

Atrophic Vaginitis

Alternative  treatment 'name brand' for ext vaginal dryness, thin skin, etc?  I have Atrophic vaginitis @ 64. Due to history (self/ mom) do not want to use any estrogen. Not sexually active. Use Replens internally.

Several years ago a family doctor told me to use 1% hydrocortisone as needed up to 4 x's a day for discomfort. I did for years.  Permanently red and now know that made the issue worse.  However, when i had a yeast infection this year after antibiotics, the walk in clinic gave me 2.5% hydrocortisone to use 2 x's a day for up to a week at a time.  

Mother had estrogen induced breast cancer and I've had colon cancer 2x's (spread to liver after 3 years but now am cancer free).  I do not want to take any chances with hormones.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Since no one answered, I'll share what I found.

I wrote Replens and asked them if they had a product to use and they said to purchase the Replens in the tube and use it in the external area as many times a day as I felt I needed.  Wow......  what a relief! It absorbs and isn't messy like a gel and I no longer have the external discomfort!  

Have an Answer?
Top General Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
1756321 tn?1547095325
Queensland, Australia
19694731 tn?1482849837
80052 tn?1550343332
way off the beaten track!, BC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
In this unique and fascinating report from Missouri Medicine, world-renowned expert Dr. Raymond Moody examines what really happens when we almost die.
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
When it comes to your health, timing is everything
We’ve got a crash course on metabolism basics.
Learn what you can do to avoid ski injury and other common winter sports injury.
Here are the pros and cons of the top fad diets and weight loss plans of the year.