General Health Community

Atrophic Vaginitis

Alternative  treatment 'name brand' for ext vaginal dryness, thin skin, etc?  I have Atrophic vaginitis @ 64. Due to history (self/ mom) do not want to use any estrogen. Not sexually active. Use Replens internally.

Several years ago a family doctor told me to use 1% hydrocortisone as needed up to 4 x's a day for discomfort. I did for years.  Permanently red and now know that made the issue worse.  However, when i had a yeast infection this year after antibiotics, the walk in clinic gave me 2.5% hydrocortisone to use 2 x's a day for up to a week at a time.  

Mother had estrogen induced breast cancer and I've had colon cancer 2x's (spread to liver after 3 years but now am cancer free).  I do not want to take any chances with hormones.
Since no one answered, I'll share what I found.

I wrote Replens and asked them if they had a product to use and they said to purchase the Replens in the tube and use it in the external area as many times a day as I felt I needed.  Wow......  what a relief! It absorbs and isn't messy like a gel and I no longer have the external discomfort!