Cronic Vomiting

My 8 year old son has been vomiting everyday all day long for over a year now.  We have been to many different specialists.  And he has under gone many tests Reflux testing, Cat Scans, MRI, EEG, Allergy and phsycological testing.  We still have no answers.  Everything says he is health!  But as his mother I know he is not!!!! SOMETHING is wrong!!!!  Is it possible this could be something genetically wrong with him? I seen something called porphyora ( I think) is this possible????????????????? Please Help!!!!!!!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you had him evaluated by a pediatric gastroenterologist?  It sounds like he needs an endoscopy as well as a colonoscopy.  How are you keeping him hydrated?  Dehydration is very serious, and with this much vomiting, he may well be dehydrated.
Get him to a Ped. GI specialist ASAP.
Helpful - 0
Yes I have had him to a PED GI doctor and they did an endoscopy as well as a bairum swallow and an emptying study.  Yet they say nothing is wrong.  He is not dehydrated but I am sure only because I have him at home schooling him so he is able to drink when ever.  And he is very much a water drinker which helps as well.  They also tested him for allergies and celiac disease.  Yet still nothing.  He has had an MRI a CT Scan and a 24 hr EEG.  If you can think of anything else I would be truly grateful to hear it.  Even if it seems dumb.  Because everything that would make sense has been proven wrong.  
Helpful - 0
You need to get your child to the best place possible for help.  The Cincinnati Children's Hosp. in Cincinnati, Ohio is known as the premier unit in the country for pediatric gastroenterology. They are on the cutting edge of everything, and people travel from all over the country to have their child diagnosed or treated there.  They are excellent at accommondating parents in the Ronald McDonald House.  Your son has something wrong, and obviously the doctors he has seen don't have a clue where to look next.  I can guarantee that Cinti. Childrens will get to the bottom of it.  He needs more help than he is getting now, and he shouldn't have to be enduring this.
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much!!!! I will try to make an appointment with them!
Helpful - 0
The most common danger associated with vomiting is dehydration, especially when the vomiting is accompanied by fever and diarrhea. Severe, repeated vomiting can also strain the esophagus and stomach and cause internal bleeding or shock. If it becomes chronic, vomiting can also disrupt a child's metabolism and slow growth. Another concern is the danger that vomit will be aspirated into the lungs, which can lead to pneumonia.
Helpful - 0
I realize that it is dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I just can't understand why no one has ever admitted him for testing.  They say because is not losing weight.  Actually he is gaining it, but only because he is always hunger.  No sooner he eats he vomits and then he is hungry again.  But he can do it hours after eating a meal.  That's the confusing part. How does it cause internal bleeding or shock? I am guess the bleeding in the esophagus.   I am very concerned about this.  I just no longer know what to do!  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Genetics Community

An interview with the co-discoverer of one of the biggest breakthroughs in cancer research
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.