Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
460185 tn?1326077772

Crockpot Question

This question might have been asked before but how do you keep potatoes that are cooked in the crockpot from drying out?  Even the juice from the meat and other vegetables doesn't help.  Any advice?

5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hmmm? I've never had this problem.

Are you adding any extra water or broth? If not, that may be the reason.

I doubt that the juices alone, from the meat and other veggies is enough.
Helpful - 0
483733 tn?1326798446
I've not had the problem either but not enough liquid could cause this.  Or, your potatoes may be too big and can't sit in the liquid.  Try cutting them smaller as well.
Helpful - 0
460185 tn?1326077772
I did add some liquid and even water and the potatoes came out fine.  Strange that the crockpot instructions said there was no need to add liquid.

Thank you for your advice  = )

Helpful - 0
13167 tn?1327194124
I did a potroast once in the crockpot from a recipe on the net - you lightly brown the roast on all sides in a frying pan to "seal in" the juices.  Sprinkle the bottom of the crock with dried onions,  and place the roast in the crock and cook on low all day.  

It was incredibly delicious,  very moist,  got lots of juices without adding any water but I'm not sure you can do vegetables with the roast that way.

Helpful - 0
460185 tn?1326077772
That sounds delicious.  The vegetables can just be done another way or - we've been thinking of getting another crockpot.  They are such good energy-savers and they don't heat up the house the way the oven does.

Your recipe sounds good.  I'll try it and let you know how it turns out if you want.  I'm not much of a cook but I'm learning  = )

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.