Crockpot Question

This question might have been asked before but how do you keep potatoes that are cooked in the crockpot from drying out?  Even the juice from the meat and other vegetables doesn't help.  Any advice?

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hmmm? I've never had this problem.

Are you adding any extra water or broth? If not, that may be the reason.

I doubt that the juices alone, from the meat and other veggies is enough.
Helpful - 0
I've not had the problem either but not enough liquid could cause this.  Or, your potatoes may be too big and can't sit in the liquid.  Try cutting them smaller as well.
Helpful - 0
I did add some liquid and even water and the potatoes came out fine.  Strange that the crockpot instructions said there was no need to add liquid.

Thank you for your advice  = )

Helpful - 0
I did a potroast once in the crockpot from a recipe on the net - you lightly brown the roast on all sides in a frying pan to "seal in" the juices.  Sprinkle the bottom of the crock with dried onions,  and place the roast in the crock and cook on low all day.  

It was incredibly delicious,  very moist,  got lots of juices without adding any water but I'm not sure you can do vegetables with the roast that way.

Helpful - 0
That sounds delicious.  The vegetables can just be done another way or - we've been thinking of getting another crockpot.  They are such good energy-savers and they don't heat up the house the way the oven does.

Your recipe sounds good.  I'll try it and let you know how it turns out if you want.  I'm not much of a cook but I'm learning  = )

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community