Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
172023 tn?1334672284

Easy Carmelized onions

Onions are not altogether so hard to carmelizing the old way, but they did require some care stirring them 'round over the stove.  
This method still requires just a bit of attention, but much easier.   You can do other things in the kitchen while these are baking.  

Ingredients

2 med onions, any variety; about 1 1/4 pounds.  very thinly sliced
2 teaspoons EVOO
sea salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat the oven to 450.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (I LOVE parchment paper!)

Place the onons on the baking sheet.  Drizzle the olive oil over them and season with the salt and pepper.  Toss them well.  Spread them evenly over the baking sheet.  Bake for 20-22 min, turning every 5 min or so, until the onions are cooked through and caramelized (soft and lightly browned).

You can use these in any number of recipes where onions are called for.

Makes 4 servings.
Each 1/4 cup serving has 35 calories, trace protein, 3 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm fat, 0 mg cholesterol, <1gm fiber, 1mg sodium
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
535822 tn?1443976780
This sounds an easy way aswell,on a previous post  we were chatting' about caramelizing sprouts , I guess one could do it this way alsomaybe even on the same tray ....
Helpful - 0
483733 tn?1326798446
Sounds a lot easier!
Helpful - 0
1394601 tn?1328032308
I cut the tops off of large vindalia onions, add a teaspoon of butter, put the cap back on and microwave for ten minute....yummy!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
649848 tn?1534633700
FL
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.