Easy Carmelized onions

Onions are not altogether so hard to carmelizing the old way, but they did require some care stirring them 'round over the stove.  
This method still requires just a bit of attention, but much easier.   You can do other things in the kitchen while these are baking.  

Ingredients

2 med onions, any variety; about 1 1/4 pounds.  very thinly sliced
2 teaspoons EVOO
sea salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat the oven to 450.  Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (I LOVE parchment paper!)

Place the onons on the baking sheet.  Drizzle the olive oil over them and season with the salt and pepper.  Toss them well.  Spread them evenly over the baking sheet.  Bake for 20-22 min, turning every 5 min or so, until the onions are cooked through and caramelized (soft and lightly browned).

You can use these in any number of recipes where onions are called for.

Makes 4 servings.
Each 1/4 cup serving has 35 calories, trace protein, 3 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm fat, 0 mg cholesterol, <1gm fiber, 1mg sodium
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This sounds an easy way aswell,on a previous post  we were chatting' about caramelizing sprouts , I guess one could do it this way alsomaybe even on the same tray ....
Helpful - 0
Sounds a lot easier!
Helpful - 0
I cut the tops off of large vindalia onions, add a teaspoon of butter, put the cap back on and microwave for ten minute....yummy!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Healthy Cooking Community