Risk of Herpetic Whitlow

Hi, earlier today, I had a masturbation encounter with another gay man.  I stroked his genital and i briefly fingered his anus (no insertion, just in the opening) with my middle finger tip.  I am now worried that if he has anal herpes, I may have contracted herpetic whitlow on my finger.  

What are the chances that I may have contracted HSV on my finger?  He is of unknown HSV / HIV status.  

After performing the masturbation and finger act, i washed my hands with soap immediately but I'm still concerned.   Any advice may help alleviate my concerns.
this is almost no risk of infection for you.

have you ever been tested for herpes to know your own status?

grace
Thanks for the response Grace! I am concerned still as I developed a sore throat this morning. Will have to wait and see how that pans out.

I had blood work done 3 weeks ago. IgG serology and both came back negative for HSV 1/2. I haven't had any sexual encounters for over 6 weeks before the test.
sore throats are most commonly caused by the types of infections you can get from touching surfaces, kissing, being around sick people and even breathing within 3 feet of someone infected with a viral illness. No reason to think this is herpes!!!

herpes igg blood testing is accurate 3-4 months post encounter.

You are reading content posted in the Herpes Community

Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
STDs aren't transmitted through clothing. Fabric is a germ barrier.