Hysterectomy Community

Fibroids, Endometrial Biopsy, Groin Pain help

I had a sonnogram last month for fibroids.  The results are as follows: Findings: Multiple transverse and longitudinal sonographic images of the pelvis were obtained using transabdominal and endovaginal
techniques. Images demonstrate an enlarged, diffusely myomatous anteverted uterus measuring 13.2 x 10.7 x 9.9 cm. There are multiple confluent uterine fibroids. For example, a right fundal subserosal fibroid measures 5.7 x 5.2 x 5.5 cm. A right anterior subserosal fibroid measures 4 x 4.5 x 4.2 cm. A right intramural
fibroid measures 2.5 x 2.2 x 2.3 cm. There is a mid posterior intramural 3.5 x 2.4 x 2.9 cm fibroid. A left intramural fibroid measures 3.9 x 4.2 x 3.6 cm. There is an anterior subserosal 1.8 x 1.1 x 1.8 cm fibroid. The endometrium is partially obscured by these fibroids, and some fibroids may have a submucosal component. Where visualized, it measures approximately 9 mm in thickness. The cervix measures 3.8 cm and appears uninvolved. The left ovary is normal, as seen transabdominally containing a 1.6 cm follicle. The right ovary appears normal endovaginally, with a 12 mm follicle. There is no sonographic evidence for flow limiting ovarian torsion. No adnexal mass or free fluid is seen. Impression:
Impression:  
1. Enlarged, diffusely myomatous uterus, as described.
2. The endometrium is partially obscured by the multiple
fibroids, some of which likely have submucosal components. Where visualized, the endometrium measures approximately 9 mm
3. Normal ovaries
I have very heavy periods which are from the fibroids.  I have a biopsy scheduled for Wed.  I have bad groinj pain that is making it difficult to walk and has gotten worse over the past few months.  Should I be exploring other causes of this pain.  My Dr. suggested it may not be related to the fibroids.

I would be looking at endometriosis and adenomyosis...I would have this reviewed by an endometriosis excision specialist...to find one as there are VERY few....doesn't hurt to have it reviewed...most do this for free.  That is what I would do! Also, they can remove the fibroids or endometriosis without taking your organs and if it's endometriosis and they take your female organs this is not a cure, if they take your organs rather then just removing the fibroids if that is all you are dealing with  it has great potential of  only make things worse...which is what it did for me!
Thankfully your ovaries look good so that is a good thing! Really do some research before letting them take your female organs! My Mom had fibroids and was told she needed a hysterectomy because she was bleeding so much she was anemic...she said no and Dr. told her she would be back for the hysterectomy...Needless to say she never had the hysterectomy and is now through menopause and has no problems any longer...so that's a couple options...remove fibroids only or wait it out...I don't know your age but if you are close to menopause this could be an option my Mom did this for years...if you are young I would be inclined to think endometriosis because I too was told at first I had fibroids...it was not...What do they hope to or not to  find with the biopsy?