Confused...

My names Vicky, I'm 24 years old and was recently diagnosed with msk in my right kidney . Ihave a nephrologist appointment on May 15. My urologist is the one who diagnosed me, he says I have kidney stones in the meat of my kidney... I'm just so confused. I have dull pain all the Time in my right kidney, however sometimes it like a number 7 out of ten. The urologist said I have no stones that should be causing me pain tho.

Any advice?

Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Your pain could be your gallbladder. I had my gallbladder removed because it was only functioning at 30  percent. It was painful just like my kidney stones but in a different way. Get a hida scan it will show the function if its not stones but a non functioning gallbladder and a ultrasound or CT. If you do have stones it will pick it up.
I have MSK but have had all other kinds of internal problems.
My MSK causes pain on and off in my right kidney without stones in my ducts. They are all tiny ones in the inner parts of my kidney.
Helpful - 0
Yes yes and yes.  I have both and they can feel very much alike at first.  For me, though, the day after the GB will feel sore to the touch while the flank kidney stone stuff is in a different spot.  Both feel like mega gas attack pain when they begin for me.

C~
Helpful - 0
Does the discomfort of MSK feel anything like what the discomfort of gallbladder issues could be?  I hope that question makes sense.  I have something going on with my right side.  It is not caused by food and my stools are normal (I guess)..they don't look odd and are not loose.  I don't feel sick at my stomach or anything.  I have a history of kidney stones...which I am not fond of at all!!!  Those suckers are the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!  But..I have discomfort beginning in my upper right abdomen, going down past my belly button to my pelvic area.  It feels like a knawing, inflamed, and sometimes achy like discomfort.  Nothing severe..but it is annoying.  Does MSK feel anything like this?
Helpful - 0
Welcome!  I've heard others with similar questions re pain.  Sorry you are going through this.  Here's a link that may be helpful:  http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Urology/Why-Does-it-Hurt-so-Much--yet-No-Stone/show/383?cid=185

It's from our Health Pages and put together by a member.

Be careful that your doctor says it's ok to take OTC like Aleve, etc. since it can be tough on our kidneys.

I've had pain when ultrasounds have showed no stones -- then 48hrs later I passed a 4.0mm stone. go figure!

C~
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease (MSK) Community