Aa
A
A
A
Close
Men's Health Community
13.5k Members

Big Scar On My Penis

I have had a scar on the bottom part of my shaft for about 2 and a half years now.It is probably about 2 to 3 inches long. I got it when I was about 14 from masterbating. I am 16 now, almost 17 and it has no signs of fading away. This is very embarrassing for me, as I am still a virgin. I am worried that when I do have the chance to have sex, the girl will not want to have sex with me because of it. Can anyone help on this? I want it t ofade away, but it is very large.
14 Responses
365850 tn?1207700206
I don't understand, 91, do you mean you have a scar on the outside (ie., the surface of the skin), or on the inside (ie., the Tunica Albuginea or some other Fascia, under the skin)?  My guess is the latter: unless this causes either curvature or loss of sensation due to nerve damage somehow, or maybe it is unsightly and palpable, gettng in the way, I don't see why this should be a problem.  Sorry I'm not much help with this, hopefully someone with a better idea will respond to your question.
It is very noticeable, thats the problem.
365850 tn?1207700206
Well according to tlh777 (if you check out my profile you'll see him listed under "friends") scars can be removed surgically, but only a urologist can tell you exactly what's going on down there.  I recommend you see one...

Ciao!
Okay, but I'm kind of young to go see a doctor about it. I would have to tell my parents, which I do not want to do. Is there any creams or something like that I can put on it to help it fade away?
Also, I don't think a urologist could help me on this. My penis has no problems functioning. It just has a large red scar on it.
365850 tn?1207700206
I don't think you're too young to see a doctor about it, you're mature, etc.  It's the doctor's job to be professional, you should see one.

I didn't know that the scar was on the outside... how did it happen?

I think you'll find that this matters alot less to girls than you would imagine.
Top Men's Health Answerers
1622896 tn?1562368567
London, United Kingdom
139792 tn?1498589250
Indore, India
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Sean Cummings discusses which available erectile dysfunction treatments may have the best outcome for you
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
10 prostate cancer misconceptions debunked.