Foreskin is red and sometimes itchy

Hello, so for the past few months I've been battling what apparently is balanitis. I'm not sure anymore because no matter what I throw at this thing, it doesn't cure.

I have been given all of the following medications/treatments are different points some at the same time but nothing has worked and I'm still having red foreskin and sometimes itchy when the medication wears off after the course.

1) Canesten Cream 2%
2) Fluconzole 150MG Single dose
3) Fluconzole 50MG 1 Per Day 2 Weeks
4) Trosyd 1%
5) Penicillin V (antibiotic)

Could this be something completely different? why does none of these medications that are suppose to cure this, actually cure it? Instead it seems to only reduce symptoms for a time being (or not at all sometimes). Do I need a biopsy or stronger antibiotics or something?

Please help, this is so depressing I don't know what to do anymore...
you might need a little help from a hydrocortisone cream or similar. There is an inflammation there that needs to be reduced.
You might like to try Fuciden H ointment. Balanitis can be resistant to treatments and be chronic. Go very easy with soap down there and rinse it off well.
I too was diagnosed with Balanitis. I too did a course of topical cream and anti-biotics. But it tends to reoccur. Now, I clean my penis everyday with a mild face wash. And whenever I feel that redness is coming back I apply a little coconut oil on my glans. The redness goes away in a day or two. Try coconut oil, it can help you as well.

You are reading content posted in the Men's Health Community