Men's Health Community

Hard lump under skin on shaft of penis

Was in the shower cleaning myself off when I noticed a hard lump on my penis. It's below the crown of the head and under my foreskin. The veins looked red and irritated. The lump is directly under a cluster of veins. It doesn't hurt to touch. I've been tested recently and have no stds. If I was able to attach a picture I would.
It sounds like penile cyst to me. As I know this kind of lump is harmless. Your doctor can diagnose it by looking at it or taking a sample of tissue from the cyst (biopsy) and send it to a laboratory for analysis. You can try apply a warm, wet washcloth to the area for about 25 minutes, 3 to 4 times s a day. This will help the cyst drain.