Men's Health Community

Ringworm struggle

I did something dumb. I had ringworm on my back and I thought I cleared it up with cream but discontinued using cream and it came back. Then I got a massage and the ringworm spread to my legs and groin. First showed up in groin with bad symptoms. then I wore compression socks and the ringworm has spread in around the line of the top of the sock. kinda shocking. its been very hard to treat. wondering if this is even ringworm or what because it isn't in the typical ring like circular patch, it is lining around the edge of like were the sock was in a wrapping around type fashion. IS THIS RINGWORM? this thing is making me crazy.
Hello and welcome to the forum. The best way to know if it is indeed ringworm is to go see a dermatologist.  They will be able to visually identify and treat it.  It sounds like you initially saw one but didn't follow through with their full treatment plan for you?  And if the issue at hand now has similar features, it perhaps did spread.  https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/what-you-should-know-about-ringworm#1  Ringworm is not difficult for a physician to diagnose and treatment varies depending on the severity of the issue. Treatment usually takes 2 to 4 weeks to clear it up and prevent it from returning.  Let us know what your doctor says.