Multiple Sclerosis Community

Shock-like knee pain

I am having severe knee pain in my left knee, it feels like electric shock. It comes and goes and has even woke me up in the middle of the night screaming in pain for over an hour.  When it's bad it feels like someone stabbing me in the knee over and over. Also, I cannot touch the top of my knee without the electric shock feeling. It cannot be touched at all, I cannot do any lower body exercises (squats, lunges, etc) because this sends it into spasms. I have no idea what's going on and I'm freaking out.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi libbylee,

Your question has landed on the MS community, but don't freak out what you describe though I know is very painful, still sounds similar enough to be one of the common knee issues, so i would recommend you see your family doctor and get it checked out.

Cheers.....JJ