Multiple Sclerosis Community

pain/stiffness

I have been experiencing stiffness and pain at the back of my right thigh.
It feels very tight and stiff and is painful, sometimes making me limp.
I do have MS and doctor says its most likely spasms or spasticity which she can give me muscle relaxants for.
What do you guys think?
Also what is the difference between spasms and spasticity?
Thank you in advance.
You can go to PT and learn some stretches. Spasm are when the muscle spasms or contracts more than it should in one location. Spasticity is when it does all or most of the time. You can spasticity in one place and it can change. I used to have a charlie horse in one leg every night, now I do not get them.You can possibly change muscle relaxers if yours is not working well enough. I always have tight muscles. My legs are so spastic I have trouble standing up in the morning.

Alex

Alex