Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Sinus tachycardia: why?

I'm 17 years old, I was not born with any health problems, I was outgoing, I never drink alcohol, coffee, energy drinks. I never do narcotics, I don't use any medicine -- still, I got sinus tachycardia, now my heart beats 90 bpm or more every single day for nearly a month, except when I sleep. Doctors said I'm fine after x2 ECG, x1 24h Monitoring, x1 X-Ray, x2 Blood Tests.

I can't believe I got this. It's unreal. I have no reason to get it. It's deeply disturbing for me especially as I'm an anxious person. I need to know what causes these things, it can't happen all by itself, simply not possible, that would defy logic...

Help appreciated,
Dan
1 Responses
Hi, I have something similar.  I'm a 16 year old girl and I'm very athletic but with pretty erratic tachycardia.  There's nothing wrong with my heart physically.  Maybe electrophysiogically, but they are not sure.  My blood work was a little abnormal so they sent me to an endocrinologist and am awaiting a lot of test results.  Maybe try there?
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pediatric Cardiology Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments