MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

stitches in foot

I recently had an operation and I Am getting my stitches taken out tomorrow. I am worrying if it is going to hurt and am very nervous about it. was wondering if anyone has had stitches taken out before and whether or not it will hurt? thankyou :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
and yes it does hurt a tad but it's not agony using, a little numb actually
Helpful - 0
oh sorry I sent a private message thankyou for your reply though :)
Helpful - 0
Hi there.  Well, most likely not much if they are string stiches (not staples).  The wound is healed.  The stiches are generally just cut and pulled through.  You'll feel a tugging and momentary discomfort but it should not hurt.  Does the wound hurt anymore?  good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Community

Wish you could get back your pre-pregnancy body? Dr. Michael B. Wolfeld explains why new mothers are undergoing a cosmetic precedure called the "mommy makeover."
Whether you have excess skin that needs removal or want a quick fix for those vanity pounds, there are options. Plastic surgeon Michael B. Wolfeld, MD, describes two types of tummy tucks.
Ophthalmologist Michael Kutryb reports on the success (or failure!) of LATISSE.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.