STDs / STIs Community

Is 1000MG of Azithromycin okay for me?

I tested positive for Gonorrhea of the throat today. I’m allergic to Penicillin  and Doxy, so my doctor decided that 2 tablets of Azithromycin 500mg totalling to 1000mg was enough. However, online along with my local lgbt center say that I was not fully treated. Is this correct? I’m really stressed and upset, so I don’t know what to do anymore. I’ve already taken the prescribed Azithromycin, and my Doctor asked for me to return for retesting in 10 days.
Here are 16 facts you need to know to protect yourself from contracting or spreading a sexually transmitted disease.
How do you keep things safer between the sheets? We explore your options.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
The warning signs of HIV may not be what you think. Our HIV and STD expert Sean Cummings reports in-depth on the HIV "Triad" and other early symptoms of this disease.