testing for Sarcoidosis

I also posted this question on the Autoimmune disorder forum;

My Dr has done a autoimmune blood panel because I have several symptoms like feeling ill,raised rash,uvetis,night sweats and swollen lymph node. But everything I read says chest xray is a way to diagnosis Sacroidosis.So my question to anybody who has Sarcoidosis how were you diagnosis and what were your symptoms?
I was diagnosed after a CT scan for kidney stones caught the lower part of my lungs where nodules were seen along with swollen lymph nodes.  A repeat showed that the lymph nodes in the mid part of my chest were very enlarged.  I had been having a dry violet cough, extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, and joint pains.  I was sent to a pulmonologist who measured my lung functions which were decreased and did a bronchoscopy to get a definative diagnosis.  Blood work can give preliminary informamtion but isn't always as accurate as a CT with follow through for anything unusual seen.

I had a very dry cough for over a year that would not go away, a chest x-ray revealed a mass on my lungs
then a ct scan showed that i also had nodules on my heart, lungs liver and kidneys
further testing MRI showed I also had it in the brain

They will usually do a Biopsy to rule out things like Lymphoma of the lungs,

i also had blood work done and my ACE levels were sky high

Usually you will see a dermatologist and also a pulmonologist, the important thing is to find a really good doc who knows all about Sarcoid, and there is really not a great deal of them around,

It took me three tries to find the doc that I have now, and he is truly wonderful,
Good luck with your diagnosis

Tyler
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.

You are reading content posted in the Sarcoidosis Support Group

The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.